Followers

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Bamboo

Everyday Krishna would visit the garden and say to all the plants, “I love you.”

The plants were very happy and responded, saying, “Krishna, we love You too!”

One day Krishna rushed quickly into the garden with a sad look on his face. He went to the bamboo plant, and the bamboo asked him, “Krishna, what´s wrong?”

Krishna said, “I have something to ask you, but it is very difficult."

The bamboo said, “Tell me. Whatever it is, I will give it to you.”

So Krishna said, “I need your life. I need to cut you.”

The bamboo thought for a while and then said, “You don´t have any other choice? You don’t have any other way?”

Krishna said, “No, there is no other way.”

The bamboo plant said, “Okay then, I surrender. Do whatever you need to do,” and gave himself into the hands of the Lord.

So Krishna cut off one section of the bamboo and made holes in it. And when he cut it and carved the holes, the bamboo cried in pain.

Krishna then made a beautiful flute out of that bamboo piece, and this flute was with him all the time. 24 hours a day that flute was with Krishna, so much so that Radha and the Gopis were all jealous of the flute.

They said, “Look, Krishna is our Lord, but yet we get to spend only a little time with him. But with you he sleeps and wakes up! When he plays music he is kissing you! All the time you are with him!”

The Gopis then asked the bamboo, “Tell us your secret. Why does the Lord treasures you so much?”

The bamboo replied, “The secret is that I gave myself up completely, and let him do with me whatever he wanted. I trusted that whatever he did was right for me. In the process i had to undergo a lot of pain, but I willingly went through it in order to become his instrument. Even today the Lord does whatever he wants with me, and having surrendered myself to him fully, even pain is joyful. There is nothing like the joy of being a flute in Krishna's hands, and letting his song flow through you in whatever way he wishes."

So, dear friends, this is what complete surrender is: allowing God to do whatever He wants with you, whenever He wants, in whatever way He wants.

Trust Him completely and have full faith in Him, for he is the omnipresent All-Doer and the ever-compassionate silent Witness, who dwells within your heart as your best bosom Friend & ever well-wisher.

Know that you are always in His Hands, and that your life is His .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels