Thursday, December 18, 2014
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Friday, November 14, 2014
Monday, November 10, 2014
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- Accepting the Lord's invincible semen, passionate and fortunate Viraja at once became pregnant.
- After a hundred celestial years of pregnancy, she gave birth to seven handsome sons from the Lord.
- In this way the Lord's eternal beloved became the mother of seven sons. She was very happy with her seven sons.
- One day, her heart filled with amorous desires, the saintly girl again enjoyed pastimes with Lord Hari in a secluded place in Vrndavana forest.
- Then, frightened by his brothers, her youngest son came there and went to his mother's lap.
- Seeing her son was afraid, she who was an ocean of kindness left Lord Hari and placed the boy on her lap. Then Krishna went to Radha's home.
- When she had comforted the boy she noticed that her beloved was no longer there. Her heart filled with unsatisfied desires, she lamented greatly.
- She angrily cursed her son: "You will become an ocean of salt-water. The living entities will never drink your water."
- Then she cursed all the boys: "Those fools will go to the earth! Fools, go to beautiful Jambudvipa on the earth!
- "They will not stay together in one place, but will stay each in his own place. They will stay happily around different islands.
- "They may enjoy pastimes with the rivers on these islands."
In this way, because of his mother's curse, the youngest boy became an ocean of salt-water.
- The youngest then told the other boys about their mother's curse. Unhappy, all the boys went to their mother.
- After hearing their mother's words, they offered obeisances to her feet. Then, their necks bowed with devotion, they all went to the surface of the earth.
- O sage, they became seven oceans around the seven islands. From the youngest to the eldest, each ocean was twice as large as the preceding one.
- They became
- oceans of salt-water,
- sugarcane juice,
- clarified butter,
- milk and
- sweet water. Their liquid will be used to cultivate grains on the earth.
- In this way they became seven oceans around the seven islands of the earth. Unhappy in separation from their mother and brothers, all the boys wept.
- Tormented by separation from her sons, chaste Viraja wept again and again. She fainted out of grief she felt for her sons and husband.
- Understanding that she was drowning in an ocean of grief, Radha's master, His lotus face smiling, came to her again.
- When she saw Lord Hari she stopped weeping and lamenting. Gazing at her beloved, she became plunged in an ocean of bliss.
- Overcome with passion, she placed Lord Hari on her lap and enjoyed pastimes with Him. In this way, even though she had abandoned her sons, Lord Hari became pleased with her.
- His eyes and face filled with happiness, He gave her a benediction: "Beloved, I will always come to you.
- Like Radha you will be dear to Me. By the power of My blessing you will always protect your sons.
- ▼ 2014 (26)
- ► 2013 (39)
- ► 2012 (31)