Saturday, August 13, 2016
Friday, August 5, 2016
Srimati Sita devi worshiped this Gopala Deity carved by Her husband Ramacandra until the time she was kidnapped by Ravana.
Lord Brahma then continued the seva-puja for the seven hundred year balance of Treta-yuga. In the thirteenth century King Langula Nrsimhadeva from Orissa was traveling to holy places with his queen and many great sages. At Citrakuta they saw the Deity of Gopala.
Not knowing that Lord Brahma was coming there daily, the king was astonished that no one was worshiping such a beautiful Deity.
That night the Deity appeared to the king in a dream and asked to be taken to a more populated place. The king decided to take Gopala to Jagannatha Puri.
The king selected some qualified brahmanas to worship the Deity and started for Jagannatha Puri. But when they reached Remuna, a beautiful cowherd village, Gopala again appeared to the king in a dream
“I want to stay here because this lovely picturesque place,
- with all its milk laden cows and
- joyous cowherd men,
- milk and
- milk products every day.
King Langula Narasimha Dev then built a magnificent temple for Gopala in Remuna and instituted daily worship. Seeing all the sakhis engraved on the Deity, the queen gave the Deity a new name - Sri Gopinatha, "Lord of the gopis.".
Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
gopinath, mama nivedana suno
visayi durjana, sada kama-rata,
kichu nahi mora guna
gopinath, amara bharasa tumi
tomara carane, loinu sarana,
tomara kinkora ami
gopinath, kemone sodhibe more
na jani bhakati, karme jada-mati,
gopinath, sakali tomara maya
nahi mama bala, jnana sunirmala,
swadhina nahe e kaya
gopinath, niyata carane sthana
mage e pamara, kandiya kandiya
korohe karuni dana
gopinath, tumi to' sakali paro
durjane tarite, tomara sakati,
ke ache papira aro
gopinath, tumi krpa-parabara
jivera karane, asiya prapance,
lila koile subistara
gopinath, ami ki dose dosi
asura sakala, pailo carana,
vinoda thakilo bosi'
1) O Gopinath, Lord of the gopis, please hear my request. I am a wicked materialist, always addicted to worldly desires, and no good qualities do I possess.
2) O Gopinath, You are my only hope, and therefore I have taken shelter at Your lotus feet. I am now Your eternal servant.
3) O Gopinath, how will You purify me? I do not know what devotion is, and my materialistic mind is absorbed in fruitive work. I have fallen into this dark and perilous worldly existence.
4) O Gopinath, everything here is Your illusory energy. I have no strength or transcendental knowledge, and this body of mine is not independent and free from the control of material nature.
5) O Gopinath, this sinner, who is weeping and weeping, begs for an eternal place at Your divine feet. Please give him Your mercy.
6) O Gopinath, You are able to do anything, and therefore You have the power to deliver all sinners. Who is there that is more of a sinner than myself?
7) O Gopinath, You are the ocean of mercy. Having come into this phenomenal world, You expand Your divine pastimes for the sake of the fallen souls.
8) O Gopinath, I am so sinful that although all the demons attained Your lotus feet, Bhaktivinoda has remained in worldly existence.
gopinath, ghucao samsara-jwala
avidya-jatana, aro nahi sahe,
gopinath, ami to' kamera dasa
visaya-bhasana, jagiche hrdoye,
phadiche karama phase
gopinath, kabe va jagibo ami
kama-rupa ari, dure teyagibo,
hrdoye sphuribe tumi
gopinath, ami to' tomara jana
tomare chariya, samsara bhajinu,
gopinath, tumi to' sokali jano
apanara jane, dandiya ekhano,
sri-carane deho sthano
gopinath, ei ki vicara taba
bimukha dekhiya, charo nija-jane,
na koro' karuna-laba
gopinath, ami to murakha ati
kise bhalo hoya, kabhu na bujhinu
tai heno mama gati
gopinath, tumi to'pandita-bara
mudhera mangala, tumi anvesibe
e dase na bhavo' para
1) O Gopinath, please remove the torment of worldly existence. I can no longer tolerate the pain of ignorance and the repeated succession of births and deaths.
2) O Gopinath, indeed I am a servant of lust. Worldly desires are awakening in my heart, and thus the noose of fruitive work is beginning to tighten.
3) O Gopinath, when will I wake up and abandon afar this enemy of lust, end when will You manifest Yourself in my heart?
4) O Gopinath, I am Your devotee, but having abandoned You and thus having forgotten my real treasure, I have worshiped this mundane world.
5) O Gopinath, You know everything. Now, having punished Your servant, please give him a place at Your lotus feet.
6) 0 Gopinath, is this Your judgment, that seeing me averse to You, You abandon Your servant and don't bestow even a particle of mercy upon him?
7) 0 Gopinath, I am certainly very foolish, and I have never known what is good for me. Therefore such is my condition.
8) 0 Gopinath, You are indeed the wisest person. Please look for a way to bring about auspiciousness for this fool, and please do not consider this servant as an outsider.
gopinath, amara upaya nai
tumi krpa kori', amare loile,
samsare uddhara pai
gopinath, porechi mayara phere
dhana, dara, suta, ghireche amare,
kamete rekheche jere
gopinath, mana je pagala mora
na mane sasana, sada acetana,
visaye ro'yeche ghora
gopinath, hara je menechi ami
aneka jatana, hoilo bifala,
ekhano bharasa tumi
gopinath, kemone hoibe gati
prabala indriya, bosi-bhuta mana,
na chare visaya-rati
gopinath, hrdoye bosiya mora
manake samiya, laho nija pane,
ghucibe vipada ghora
gopinath, anatha dekhiya more
tumi hrsikesa, hrsika damiya,
gopinath, galaya legeche phase
krpa-asi dhori', bandhana chediya,
vinode koroho dasa
1) O Gopinath, I have no means of success, but if You take me, having bestowed your mercy upon me, then I will obtain deliverance from this world.
2) O Gopinath, I have fallen into the perils of material illusion. Wealth, wife, and sons have surrounded me, and lust has wasted me away.
3) O Gopinath, my mind is crazy and does not care for any authority. It is always senseless and has remained in the dark pit of worldly affairs.
4) O Gopinath, I have accepted my defeat. All of my various endeavors were useless. Now You are the only hope.
5) O Gopinath, how shall I make any advancement when my mind has come under the control of the powerful senses and does not abandon its attachment to materialism?
6) O Gopinath, after sitting down in the core of my heart and subduing my mind, please wake me to You. In this way the horrible dangers of this world will disappear.
7) O Gopinath, You are Hrsikesa, the Lord of the senses. Seeing me so helpless, please control these senses of mine and deliver me from this dark and perilous worldly existence.
8) O Gopinath, the noose of materialism has become fixed around my neck. Taking up the sword of Your mercy and cutting this bondage, make this Bhaktivinoda Your humble servant.
Wednesday, August 3, 2016
- respect for elders or superiors,
- neutrality, and
- conjugal love one after the other.
In secluded place with each gopi
In secluded place with each gopi
- Wandering in the forest, Krsna and gopis saw in the full moon's light many wonderful varieties ofbirds, beasts, vines, and trees, some They had known before and some They had never known before. In this way They tasted the rasa of astonishment.
- Sometimes They entered forest groves filled with wild bees gathering pollen from hosts of flowers. The gopis became afraid. Krsna calmed them with sweet words. In this way the gopis experienced the rasa of dread.
- When sometimes a bold black bee stung a gopi and brought to her difficultto-remove tears, Krsna, His ewyes now become like red lotus flowers almost touching His shark-shaped earrings, violently punished that bee, striking him with a formidable long-stemmed pastime-lotus-flower. In this way Krsna enjoyed the rasa of anger.
- Sometimes a gopi, her splendid face filled with charming playfulness, saw a lotus-flower growing from the dry ground and (unaware that some species of lotus grow not in ponds but on dry land) became filled with shock and horror. In this way that gopi experienced the rasa of ghastliness.
- Sometimes, learning the arts of sweet warbling from a group of parrots, a gopi, now them her teachers and herself their student, would sing very sweetly. In this way she experienced the rasa of being respectful to elders or superiors.
- Sometimes, seeing that in the course of Their agitated pastimes they had crushed some graceful buds on a flowering vine, Krsna and ther gopis shed a few tears from Their eyes. In this way They experienced the rasa of compassion.
- Sometimes, to break into pieces the great festival of their pride, Krsna engaged the graceful banana-tree-thighed gopis in pastimes of amorous battle. In this way He a they enjoyed the rasa of chivalry.
- Sometimes, seeing Their shadows move here and there in exaggerated ways as They enjoyed amorous pastimes, Krsna and the gopis would laugh greatly. In this way They enjoyed the rasa of laughter.
- Sometimes, exhausted after enjoying many pastimes, Krsna and the gopis, feeling Their hearts renounce the happiness They formerly felt by touching each other, now happily closed Their eyes in sleep. In this way They experienced the rasa of neutrality.
- Sometimes, even though already exhausted by enjoying many wild amorous pastimes, Krsna and the gopis continued to enjoy again and again, staying awake the whole night, awake and always plunged in the ocean of passionate amorous pastimes. In this way Krsna and His gopi-beloveds enjoyed pastimes of conjugal love.
Monday, August 1, 2016
- ▼ August (7)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (27)